Getting a lot of comments about Alternate Quahog so thought I’d set up this Addicts Area as I’m afraid I can’t do full posts or answer every question immediately as I’m having an issue seeing this in my game, hopefully Jam City can sort this for me ASAP and I’ll get full coverage going. But hopefully what follows will answer some of your questions and other players can chip in with information also.
But before I get to all that I’ll give you a warning..
WARNING – This is current,y being tested in some Android players games, but even if you don’t have the feature fully activated in your game via the new Questline you may still see the Alternate Reality Portal available to buy in your game for 10,000 coins. Don’t buy it if you also plan to play on an IOS device as once you do so your IOS game won’t load. So hold off buying this until the feature is fully activated and the Questline directs you to buy it, ok!!! And if you don’t see it, don’t worry it’s coming as long as you’ve reached the required level in the game, more details on this below.
Okay now here’s the things I can tell you about Alternative Quahogs.
- The requirements to see Alternate Quahogs once it’s fully live are having District 5 unlocked, having Al Harrington, and having completed the social questline that unlocks your ability to visit Ollieland and other players towns – so work on meeting all these requirements or you won’t see the feature even once it’s fully live in our games
- Currently Jam City are only running a beta test on selected Android games so we won’t all see it for another week or so
- Not all Android players will see the feature, and those who do may see different Alternate Quahogs during the final beta testing, this will let them pinpoint any issues that occur and fix them before the full release
- Those that see the feature will initially only see one Alternate Quahog – Grassland Town, others will follow as you complete the Questline
- Once you complete the Questline the feature fully activates in your games and initially there will be 4 Alternate Quahogs, Grassland Town, Winterland Town, Desert Town, Night Town
- And yes, before you ask more Alternate Quahogs will be released in future, I’m personally hoping for a Halloween Town
- As I said in a previous point a Questline will take you through activating this feature, so until you see that it’s not supposed to be live in your game, so don’t panic as it will appear soon unless you’ve not complete the game level requirements
- Again the Questline will only appear if you’ve reached the requirements explained at the top of this list of points, and it will basically introduce you to the feature and have you place the new Alternate Quahogs Portal and then place the Grassland Town
- Once the feature is fully activated the current social button will disappear and be replaced by the Alternate Quahogs Button, you will still be able to reach Ollieland through this
- You’ll use the Alternate Quahog button to travel between towns you’ve unlocked, and of course to travel back to your default home Quahog
- Alternate Quahogs will have their own workers you’ll use to unlock land and place new buildings you might buy, you’ll get one in each town but if you want others you’ll need to buy them just like in original Quahog
- Alternate Quahogs will have blocks to clear, you’ll need different materials for these, it will include coins, Stewie Buck, Clams and another new material
- Alternate Quahogs will have some unique buildings to buy but you don’t need them to design as you can use all those event buildings you’ve collected in the past
- To start the Alternate Quahogs released will be a mix of freemium and premium unlocks, 2 can be bought with coins, (Grassland Town & Winterland Town) and 2 will cost clans, (Desert Town & Night Town)
- Future towns to be released can be purchased with Stewie Bucks so keep collecting them
- New materials will be needed for some lands, such as Winterland and other lands still to be released, characters will have tasks to drop these and a new building will be used for these tasks, the QUAKEA
- The more characters you have, the more tasks you can do, so keep working on those QHS unlocks
- Any of the above might change if glitches appear in the final testing
- And finally please give the new feature a fair shout before criticising it, let it bed in and try to enjoy it at your own pace, it’s not a race to the finish
So that’s all I can tell you today, but those who have the feature can share comments and of course I’ll try get answers for any questions as always.