Who’s afraid of losing all their clams in the bank? Me that’s who!!!
But currently there’s a big chance of that as Bertram and his gang are invading our towns. So let’s get on top of this problem as we chat more about busting Bertram and defeating him.
So lett’s take a look to see exactly what it takes to bring Bertram to our town in order we can attack him.
For more information on the Event, go HERE
WHEN DOES BERTRAM START APPEARING IN MY GAME?
In order to be able to start seeing Bertram you will need to progress the Main Questline to The Color of Dirty Money Pt 2. Although it’s not until Pt. 5 of the Questline you’re directed to him, he did appear in my game at Pt. 2 when I was instructed to start investigating rooms at the bank. Now whether this is because I have Chopper Cop Quagmire I can’t say, so if you don’t see him at Pt. 2 as a chance in investigations just keep progressing your Questline and working on unlocking Miami Cop Peter, as you can’t do anything without him if you’re playing freemium.
WHERE DO I FIND BERTRAM?
First you must complete a successful investigation in one of the following bank rooms, the Security Office or The Vault, where if you’re lucky you will bust Bertram. You’ll find more on investigations HERE.
If you’re successful Bertram will appear on the helipad of the event area, waiting for you to attack.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEFEAT BERTRAM?
Defeating Bertram isn’t as tough as some battles I’ve seen, especially at the first 3 heart meter levels. Basically all you need is to have bust, (found), Bertram during an investigation and Miami Cop Peter AND/OR Chopper Cop Quagmire. Full details how you attack will appear as you read on.
WHO CAN I USE TO BATTLE BERTRAM?
Here are the 2 Characters you can use to Defeat Bertram. All tasks are 3hrs long. You can start the tasks by tapping Bertram to trigger the Pop Up, then “ATTACK” under the Character/s you want to send OR just go to the Character/s walking in the game and assign them on the Attack Bertram Task.
Miami Cop Peter – 1 Damage.
Chopper Cop Quagmire – 2 Damage.
When you tap on Bertram, you can see what kind of Payouts to expect from the Heart Meter Level he is. Here are the Payouts.
***There may be other Heart Meter Levels, but until we see them in our game I can’t give any info on payouts***
***Be aware motorcycle boots won’t show until you place Erik Estrada in your game to unlock***
HEart meter levels and rewards
|Heart Meter Level||Reward|
|1 Heart||8 Medical Supplies & 1 Motorcycle Boots|
|2 Heart||12 Medical Supplies & 1 Motorcycle Boots|
|3 Heart||16 Medical Supplies & 2 Motorcycle Boots|
|6 Heart||18 Medical Supplies & 3 Motorcycle Boots|
HOW DO I KNOW HOW MUCH TIME I HAVE?
Bertram has a timer with twenty-four hours on it. You will only have that time to fully deplete his Hearts and take him down. At 1, 2 and 3 Hearts this will be easy even freemium. At 6 you’re still able to do it freemium but you’re going have to lose a little sleep, but it is achievable. If you are wondering how much time you have left, you can look right above him in the helipad.
Or you can tap on him and see in the lower right of the Pop Up. This will be noted by “TIME LEFT“.
HOW DO I KNOW HOW MANY HEARTS HE HAS LEFT?
Again, just look at the timer above his head. You will see a number in the Heart, and you will also see the Meter depleting blue bars as you cause him Damage Each time.
HOW DO I DEFEAT BERTRAM?
As noted, in order to be able to get all these cool extra Payouts, your mission is to COMPLETELY drain the Heart Meter on whatever heart meter level Bertram you get to Zero within the TWENTY FOUR HOURS you are being timed on. So you will have to watch your game carefully for 6 Heart Bertram and as soon as one Battle is done, start another immediately to make full use of all the time you have. Here are some ideas of strategies.
Bertram: 1 Heart
You really only need one Character for this Bertram Battle.
- Miami Cop Peter: 3hrs, 1 Damage, so you only need to use him
- Chopper Cop Quagmire: 3hrs, 2 Damage, so you would only need to use him
Bertram: 2 Hearts
It will be best if you have Chopper Cop Quagmire on this to defeat Bertram in the shortest time. If you don’t have him, don’t worry it can still be easily done, you just need to send Miami Cop Peter to attack 2 times.
- Chopper Cop Quagmire: 3hrs, 2 Damage, you only need to send him once
- Miami Cop Peter: 3hrs, 1 Damage, sending him 2 times (6hrs) will give you the 2 damage you need to defeat Bertram
Bertram: 3 Hearts
This can easily be done with 1 or2 Characters.
- Chopper Cop Quagmire: 3hrs, 2 Damage, sending him 2 times (6hrs) will give you the 3 Damage you need to defeat Bertra
- Miami Cop Peter: 3hrs, 1 Damage, sending him 3 times (9hrs) will give you the 3 Damage you need to defeat Bertram
- Chopper Cop Quagmire & Miami Cop Peter: 3hrs, combined damage of 3, sending them once (3hrs) will give you the 3 Damage you need to defeat Bertram.
Bertram: 6 Hearts
This one will be best with the 2 Characters. But with careful timing is achievable with just one, even the freemium option of Miami Cop Peter.
- Chopper Cop Quagmire: 3hrs, 2 Damage, sending him 3 times (9hrs) will give you the 6 Damage you need to defeat Bertram
- Miami Cop Peter: 3hrs, 1 Damage, sending him 6 times (18hrs) will give you the 6 Damage you need to defeat Bertram
- Chopper Cop Quagmire & Miami Cop Peter: 3hrs, combined damage of 3, sending them twice (6hrs) will give you the 6 Damage you need to defeat Bertram.
As you can see he is defeatable at every heart meter level.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I DEFEAT HIM?
If you are successful in attacking Bertram and completely Damaging the Heart Meter to Zero, you will get the Bertram Rewards listed in the table above and he will then escape and hide in the bank again. You need to do a new investigation to bust him to battle him again. And as I said earlier what heart meter level he comes back at is random.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I CAN’T DEFEAT HIM?
If you can’t get the Heart Meter to Zero within the 24hrs, Bertram will escape back to the bank and you will NOT get any Payout for losing other than the task payout on the Character/s. You need to do a new investigation to bust him to battle him again. And as I said earlier what heart meter level he comes back at is random.
- Get attacking Bertram as quickly as possible.
- DO NOT LET TIME RUN OUT! It’s costly.
- You can leave a character battling Bertram even though he has no cool down as he disappears as soon as you beat him. This way you can leave the Character battling and NOT select their check mark while you try to find another Bertram at the Bank. Then you don’t have to wait a full 3hrs to attack him, just whatever time is left on the Character you left battling. However with rooms to investigate you may not think this worthwhile at this stage in the event.
There you have it… a helpful post of how to defeat Bertram, the payouts, and some helpful hints to keep your progressing through the Battles.
What do you think of it all? Was this helpful? Got any other tips you would like to share with the other players? How are your Battles coming along? Let us know.
~ Russian Tigger