Hi fellow addicts
As some of you unfortunately know there’s a glitch been going around that’s severely impacted some players who saved their game via a Google Account. For quite a while you’ve been unable to log into your games, but now TinyCo are going to try get you back in your games. And they’ve also released some advise for those still saving their game this way even those who don’t have any issues.
So there’s 2 issues to cover, those who are locked out as the game freezes when they try to load their game save from Google and then advice for those who aren’t having issues but still link their game via Google.
I HAD TO REINSTALL AND can’t load my Google save…
For players unable to load their saved game TinyCo will transfer your Google game save to a new PlayerID.
What does this mean, well when you reinstalled your game you basically started a fresh game. What you want to do is save this new Level 1 game to either Facebook or Create a Username. Once you’ve done this send the PlayerID for this new game to TinyCo, along with details of the Google+ ID your higher level game you want back was linked to.
So to put it simply:
- Start a new Level 1 game and save it to either Facebook or a Username. I’ll put details of how to save to Facebook or Username at the end of this post
- Take a note of the PlayerID for this new game. I’ll put details of how to find this at the end of the post.
- Take a note of the Google+ ID your old higher level game is saved through. I’ll put details on finding this at the end of this post
- Send a message to support asking they link your old Google+ save to your new PlayerID. Remember to send the PlayerID and Google+ ID with the message. The email to send to is firstname.lastname@example.org
TinyCo strongly recommend that you link your new PlayerID to either the sign-in with Facebook or Create a Username option so you have a backup save in the case you change or reset your phone, or reinstall the app. However if signing in with Facebook or Creating a Username is not an option, you can go ahead and still send them your player ID and we will restore your Google+ save. However, please note that support may not be able to recover your game in the case you change or reset your phone, or reinstall the app in future.
I’ve saved my game via Google+ but I’m not locked out, do I need to do anything?
Yes, although you’ve no issues now you will have if you ever need to reload your save as Google + is shutting down on April 2nd 2019. And this means you’ll unfortunately be unable to sign in with Google after this date, so if you need to reinstall or get a new device you won’t be able to load your saved game. Therefore it’s recommended you use either the sign-in with Facebook or Create a Username option to now backup your game save, this will protect your progress in you ever change or reset your phone, or need to reinstall the app.
So to put it simply:
- Go to Account settings and save your game to either Facebook or a Username. I’ll put details of how to save to Facebook or Username at the end of this post
HOw do i find my Google+ ID?
To find your Google+ ID, please follow these steps:
- Login to your Google+ account by going to https://plus.google.com
- From the side menu click on the profile icon
- In the address bar you will see your complete Google+ URL. It will look something like this: https://plus.google.com/100009709084787102522/posts
- Your Google+ User ID is the long series of numbers – in this example the Google+ ID therefore is the following: 100009709084787102522.
How do i save my game to facebook or a username?
To create a new backup save outside of Google+ you should go into the setting menu of your game, then Account, you will see the save choices are Facebook or Username account. Please note you can create a separate Facebook account from your main one just to use for the game. So here’s the steps to follow:
- Go to the settings menu and tap on Account
- Select Sign-In with Facebook or Create a Username. Depending which you pick you will be prompted to either sign in with your Facebook or Create a Username and password
- After signing in with either, it will prompt you to either save your current game or create a new game, you should save your current game.
Where do i find my PLAYERID?
This is an easy one, you’ll find it in one of two ways.
- Located on the bottom right of the loading screen
- Located on the bottom right of the Account Info Menu
I hope this helps players who are currently locked out to join us again, and also will stop other players getting locked out in future.
~ Russian Tigger